Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sam Adam's Irish Red


Irish Red is the second of the three beers in the Sam Adam's Brewmaster's Collection. This red ale pours out a lovely Dark amber red color, and when you hold it up to the light it shows very orange. Two colors in one, cool. The first sniff brings very little, but start pouring it down your gullet and the situation improves. This is a malt heads beer. Yes, there is a little bit of hoppy bite to balance it out, but it has that malted flavor to it. I,m just fine with that, but some thing is lacking here, almost like it's not quite finished. I could put down a few of these, and I think they would be good with complex spiced food. Yes it's better than the coastal wheat, but I hope the last entry can kick it up a notch.Oh, I tried to get an Irishman to give me his perspective on this , but they all either too drunk or engaged in some sort of fisticuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment