Friday, March 5, 2010

Dominion Spring Buck


The new spring offering from Dominion is Spring Buck. This is a blonde ale with honey, chamomile and orange peels, and a hefty 7.8% alcohol. It pours out a dense slightly cloudy cider color with alot of head. You can catch the chamomile, honey and yeast on the nose. The first sip is smooth and delicious, giving you some of the mouth feel and subtle character of mead. It has quite a strange and lingering aftertaste that I can't decide whether or not I like. I'm surprised how little one can taste the alcohol, but you can feel that delightful warmth of booze right quick. Uuummm, beer. I can definitely recommend this beer. It's really good, quite unique, and potent, but I can see how this blend of flavors might not appeal to some people. I still have a little bit of an issue with the lingering aftertaste. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment