Monday, March 15, 2010

Bell's Two Hearted Ale


Two Hearted Ale is an India Pale Ale style beer made by the Bell's Brewing Company of Comstock Michigan. I have a bunch a bunch of friends from Michigan, which is a lovely state. As long as you stay away from the gaping maw of hell which is Detroit. Bell's pours a cloudy pale gold.I would not have thought this was I.P.A. by looking at it. This has an overwhelming bitter hope nose with a little spiced apple. Wow, it tastes not at all like I expected, in a good way. The hops are there, but they balanced out by the toasty malt, and this fruity caramelized apple\pear flavor. I found the hops to be strong on the finish, but pleasantly so. This is a truly unique tasting ale, unlike any other I.P.A. I've had. I strongly recommend that you seek this out. I can't help but think how much better this is than the Jackman's Ale I just had. This probably has more hop to it, but it has balance that makes them shine not overwhelm.

No comments:

Post a Comment