Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sam Adam's Coastal Wheat


This is the 1st of three beers we're going to look at from the Sam Adam's Brewmaster's Collection. The collection consists of wheat, red and black beers and with start with the lightest. Coastal wheat advertises itself as a wheat ale brewed with lemon. Coastal pours out a slightly hazy gold, and the nose is a very clean strong lemon. First sip has a harsh taste, maybe a hop\ yeast problem, which smooths out quickly ( via the lemon ) leaving a pleasant lingering finish. This stuff is quite alright but I'm not sold on these contrived Spring wheat beers. It doesn't say spring to me, try again. If this is the best beer in this collection I'll be very sad. However, if it's the worse, a day of drinking may be salvaged. Since Sam Adam's is from Boston, here's how I would review this if I was from there. This beah is wicked mediocha, and Derek Jeatah's a fahkin queeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment