Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sierra Nevada Celebration

      Sierra Nevada Celebration is a fresh hop ale, I.P.A. style.  I could not be more sceptical.   I.P.A. stands for India Pale Ale.  I can see why they would put this out now, seeing as India is known for it's harsh Winters.  I.P.A. is a warm weather style you morons.  Well, let's see how much I enjoy this.  I will say the bottle is delightfully seasonal.  Celebration pours out an amber with a strong herb and mild caramel nose.  This doesn't look good.  And it's not.  This is a massively over hopped I.P.A.  There are no flavors here but a typhoon of herbal hop.  No malt or alcohol upgrade to balance it out.  Not only have they put this out at the wrong time, but there would never be a right time to put out this garbage.  I had to pour it down the sink after a brave effort to choke it down.  Grab your pitch forks and torches we're going to California.  So Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment