Thursday, January 13, 2011

Noel des Geants

      I thought I'd throw in a few more International Winter Beers as I wind down my extensive foray into this seasons wares.  This is an X-mas beer from Waffle-ville, enough said.  On the bottle it says 11.2 ounces.  Those damn foreign bastards cheated me out of .8 of an ounce.  Geants pours out a very cloudy light brown with a caramel, sugar, banana and spice nose.  Really nice.  It's surprisingly crisp up front with nice flavors.  It's very fruity and spicy, sort of cherry, berry, cinnamon and clove.  Unique and pleasing to the palate.  My only complaint is a touch of that yeast/ cardamom flavor I don't like.  Overall, this is very good, if only I could get that .8 ounce I would love it.  A winner of a Winter Beer.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment