Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Starr Hill " The Gift " Winterbock

      I sure love Winterbock, but " The Gift " is the most annoying, pretentious name ever.  It better be liquid gold for me not to hate it, even though Starr Hill is  kind of local.  This stuff is hard to pour, it's all head.  Had to wait a while even though I poured carefully.  It's a hazy pale straw with strong caramels and citrus on the nose.  Eeehhhh. O.K. there are some caramel, citrus and yeast.  There's also quite a bit of strong herb that clashes with the yeast and leaves a poor aftertaste.  I'm gonna plow through and see where this goes.  It gets better as you go, but this " Gift " needs to be returned.  This hovers on the lower end of the nice list, it's drinkable.  I should put it on the naughty list just for the name, and it's not very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment