Friday, January 14, 2011

Anchor Merry Christmas Happy New Year

      Last years Anchor Holiday offering was the second beer I ever reviewed.  It was really good and I pulled one out from last year this X-mas and it was great.  Anchor X-mas is a very good beer to cellar, I put away a 6 pack for the future.  I can't wait to see what this years offering is like.  It pours out a beautiful dark brown with strong mocha, molasses, spice and vanilla on the nose.  The first sip comes off a bit harsh with a lot of clove and herb .  But this gives way a bit to reveal the mocha, cinnamon, and vanilla.  It gets better as the flavors balance out  nicely.  The flavors are really good and so is the body. I like it a lot, but it reminds me of a young wine that isn't ready yet.  It will be much better next year.  This goes into the top ten, but it gets downgraded for not being ready.  people want to drink their beer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment