Monday, January 24, 2011

Noche Buena

      I ended up finding a few more Winter Beers that I really wanted to try.  So Iv'e decided to go back to the topic briefly.  And one of the reasons is Noche Buena, a Mexican Winter beer from the people who make Dos Equis.  I like Dos Equis, it's a great warm weather beer, and I really want to see what they do for a Winter Beer.  Noche pours out a copper to light brown and has a strong caramel and citrus nose.  Strangely, this starts out very bland, then it blossoms.  First, the crisp citrus hop comes out, then you get lovely caramel and sweet mocha.  The tingly hop continues through the finish as the flavors linger.  This is a really good beer, although it still strikes me as more of a warm weather beer.  I guess that's understandable, considering it's origin.  Very nice, I would have this any time, and will seek it out again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment