Sunday, January 9, 2011

Duck Rabbit Wee Heavy Scotch Ale

     If you've been paying attention, I love everything Duck Rabbit makes.  So far I have loved each of their beers so much, that I have composed a poem to celebrate their greatness.  This is one of their two seasonals for the Winter,  and I can't wait.  Wee Heavy pours out a very colorful red-orange.  The nose is heavy with fruits and alcohol, ummm alcohol.  The flavors are amazing.  It has concentrated fruits, a jammy apricot like flavor, kind of like a lot of Barleywine's.  There's also a deep dark burnt caramel, in a really good way,  and even a peaty sort of flavor you might find in a single malt.  This is a very unique beer.  I can see how some wussies might find this too heavy and too strong, but they can go sip a wine cooler and shut up. Wee Heavy is warm and cozy perfect for guzzling in front of the fire during the long cold Winter.  Travel to wherever they have this and purchase it immediately.  Even if you have to fly.  I will now compose a Haiku too express my love for this beer.

Wee Heavy Winter
I bask in your warm embrace
The snow melts away    

No comments:

Post a Comment