Monday, May 31, 2010

Longshot lemon Pepper Saison


This saison is the last of the Sam Adam's Longshot beers. This one should determine if this sixer is worth seeking out. It's a light gold with a white head. The nose is lemon zest, yeast and fruit. It sure doesn't taste very lemony or peppery. I guess there's some citrus, a little hop crispness and the yeast flavor. The hop comes and goes, but this odd flavor crops up that's like pepper feet. I'm not a fan of this beer. It starts out kind of refreshing, than the odd flavor kicks in and I check out. I will not be seeking this out again. Overall, it's hard to recommend this six pack. I really like the Old Ben Ale, and the barleywine wasn't bad, but the pepper feet saison is a dog. Wish I could get just the Old Ben Ale. Oh Wait, at Total Wine I can. Singles Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment