Monday, May 17, 2010

Oskar Blues Old Chub


This is the first beer Iv'e had on here that comes in a can. Of course, this is fancy craft brewed beer in a can. Oskar Blues is another Colorado brewery of which there are many. Let's see if we like an old chub in the can. Old Chub pours out a medium brown and has a lovely caramel nose with a hint of mocha. Strange, I thought it might be a touch salty. Anyway, Old Chub is the maltiest beer I've ever had. This beer has strong caramel and mocha flavors with a smoky tone. There is some hop here that makes the mouth tingle a bit, but all is subservient to the malt. That's tasty. Gosh, I just poured so much into my mouth I almost choked on the chub. The flavors are so big it's hard to fit it all in my mouth. I really like this beer, but I have a strong tolerance for malt. It really could use some more hop bite to give it better balance. But if you like your malts strong, you'll love having an Old Chub in the can.

No comments:

Post a Comment