Friday, May 28, 2010

Sam Adam's Longshot Mile High Barleywine Ale


Sam Adam's has their Longshot homebrew competition every year. And this year they have packaged a six pack with three of the winning recipes. The first one I tried was mile High Barelywine ale. Now I like barleywine's because of their sweetness, complexity and ridiculous amount of alcohol, so I look forward to it. Mile High pours out a nice copper and has a dried tropical fruit nose with a hint of yeast. It tastes pretty sweet with a figgy flavor and quite a bit of hop. I don't really like this very much. It's fine and I can put it down and enjoy, but there's an off flavor here. I don't think it's over hopped, but rather the hops conflict with the fruit here leaving an unpleasant aftertaste. So far I'm not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment