Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Highland Black Mocha Stout


The last of our North Carolina beers, for now, is Highland's Black Mocha Stout. This stuff pours out pretty close to black. There is a strong fresh coffee and mocha nose. The flavor is strong on the mocha up front with hop bitter floating around the edges. Hop seems a bit light. The finish is strong on the straight coffee, not mocha, and it lingers. This is pretty malty, but I'd give it a medium body. I really like this beer, it's amazing they got all this coffee flavor just out of dark roasted malts. Of course a taste for coffee is a bit mandatory here. I find more to enjoy in this beer as I continue to rapidly pour it down my throat. This brewery has come up strong after the lousy oatmeal porter, they are 2 for 3. The last sip is fantastic, I shall replace my morning coffee with this beer, and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment