Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baltika Extra Lager


I liked the San Miguel I had the other day, so I thought I'd look into some other beers from around the world. Baltika Extra Lager is a Russian beer with a big 8% alcohol content. I guess extra means strong in this case. It pours out a slightly cloudy light gold and has a citrus, woody nose. First impression is it's almost completely non carbonated, like a mead. It tastes kind of like you poured a dry mead into a little bit of sweet white wine and added a touch of pee. As I soldier on with this beer I get more of the hop and the pee. This really smacks of Russian malt liquor. I expect if you roll up to a homeless guy in Moscow,he might have this in a paper bag. I can sense the hangover that would follow pounding a bunch of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment