Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Tourney Wrap and Vinyl Revisited


I thought about some of the beers that got knocked out of the tourney early and the one I kept thinking of was Vinyl. Vinyl is an amber lager from the potheads at Magic Hat in hippie Burlington Vermont. I wanted to try it again and then rate the best of the Spring beers. Vinyl is a cloudy dark amber lager with caramel and a hint of mocha on the nose. The flavor is very good, strong caramel with a hint of mocha and great hop balance. This is a crisp classic amber lager. This could be a flagship beer for any company. They should put it in their regular line. Of course it has a stupid name and an ugly bottle. I also see no Spring connection, but they smoke so much they might have thought it was Fall. Here is my list, in order, of the best Spring beers I've tried this year.

1 Spring Buck
2 Vinyl
3 Rising Moon
4 Anchor Bock
5 Aprihop

There it is. I know you can find some contradictions here, but after all this drinking is that so shocking. I wanted to add a couple more, but you have to limit yourself to make real decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment