Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cottonwood Low Down Brown


This entry is a brown ale called Cottonwood Low Down Brown. There is no Cottonwood brewery, this is made by the Carolina Beer Company, which has giant breweries make stuff for them. I had no idea these people had made this beer when I tasted it, but when I found out, it all made sense. It pours a very dark brown, and has a fresh mocha nose with the barest hint of hop. The flavors of mocha are strong and nice, but the hops barely exist. I think it's that drastic unbalance which makes it taste watery to me, or it's just watery. Their is zero body here, no balance, but some o.k. flavor. This is a poor beer. Of course I did some research and found out this beer won a gold in the world beer cup. What? Of course it was made by someone else then. Soooo, what we have here is a good beer recipe taken by a "beer", not brewing, company and horribly bastardized. This is just like when the big North American companies took Kirin and Fosters and turned them into dreck. Don't insult yourself by drinking this fake microbrew. Find better.

Carolina Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment