Friday, April 30, 2010

1554 Black Ale


1554 is another beer from the folks at New Belgium. So far I've loved their Fat Tire, liked Mighty Arrow, was so-so on 2 Degrees Below and was not too fond of Ranger IPA. In fact I refuse to call Ranger a beer, it's so f-ed up. Anyway they have run the gamut, with me so we'll use this stuff to tip the scales one way or the other. They sure are lucky I like the black. 1554 pours out a darkish brown, really no where near black. The nose has a light mocha and strong caramel, sort of a stronger Fat Tire. The flavors are the big caramels and mocha, with the hop bitter tingling around the edges. This is a stronger Fat Tire with more mocha and a bit more body. But , this is a good thing. This is a very nice dark beer with great flavors. I wish they wouldn't call it a black beer, cause it isn't,but it's super yum yum. Again scour their website to find out where to get this beer. This tips me towards liking this brewery, they have two really good beers, that's better than some.

No comments:

Post a Comment