Monday, April 19, 2010

Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial I.P.A.


Dogfish Head, out of Milton, Delaware, brings one of their premium beers the 90 Minute Imperial I.P.A. This stuff pours out a nice light amber color. It has a strong bitter hop that overwhelms the nose, and only reveals a faint glance at the malts beneath. Much to my surprise the opposite is true when it first hits the palate. The malts totally dominate up front bringing out a lovely mellow caramel sweetness. Then the hops come to the forefront, followed by a very balanced finish. This beer really brings it with big flavors and a big punch, 9% ABV. I would recommend it highly, but it is expensive, about 3 bucks a 12 ounce bottle. Make it a pint I'd be happier. Go Blue Hens, One of the gayest sounding college mascots ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment