Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Raven

      I just went to Otakon so I thought I,d look at one of the beers I found up there in Baltimore.  The Raven is a  Special Lager made by the Baltimore-Washington Beer Works.  To me associating Washington and Baltimore is like associating gold bars and cow pies.  Actually, Baltimore is a nice city to visit.  And if you stick to the Inner Harbor you might not get robbed or murdered.  Anyway, It pours out a light amber and has some crisp fragrant hop and rich caramels on the nose.  The flavor is lush with caramel, as well as a touch of herb and citrus.  The hop is very strong throughout in a very good way.  There's a very refreshing crispness and overall balance of flavors.  This is a very good beer for any occasion,  I would try and track some down Quickly.  Next time I'm in B-more I will get some of this on tap.  That would be even better.  A nice beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment