Thursday, August 26, 2010

Heavy Seas Prosit! Imperial Octoberfest

      A pirate themed beer will kick off my series of posts from the Outer Banks.  I like Heavy Seas because they make beer with much yummy alcohol and don't overcharge for it.  Imperial Octoberfest is such a stunning concept.  Take one of my favorite styles and kick it up a notch.  Up to 8% ABV.  But have they succeeded or failed?  This beer pours out a dark amber and you can see the body in it.  Prosit is sweet and thick.  Heavy on the smoky toffee, rich caramels and yummy strong.  There's strong hop in here, but is well balanced by the other powerful flavors.  After a few of these I would gladly clamp a cutlass in my teeth and swing aboard enemy vessels.  Can't wait to have my next Prosit, it.s fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment