Friday, June 11, 2010

Green Flash Brewing Trippel


Trippel is waffle language for lot's of alcohol, so this one starts with a leg up. Green Flash Brewing is out of San Diego California and I can't help thinking their name is some sort of weed reference. Trippel pours out a cloudy light amber and has yeast, alcohol and a hazelnut hint on the nose. The flavor is actually a bit mead like. There's lots of honey, caramel apple, and a nuttiness.There's a definite hop bite on the front that really disappears on the back end. This is pretty good stuff and a heady 9.7% ABV. I got that nice warm feeling in the belly that would make this an excellent cold weather beer, but it's refreshing as well making this a great year round beer. This is really easy to put down for such a high alcohol beer, I will be getting this again soon. My first impression is so very good I will report on the second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment