Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Abita Andygator Helles Doppelbock


Abita is a brewery just outside of New Orleans and any business down there could use our patronage. I generally like things that say doppel or trippel, because those are happy words that mean more alcohol. This is of course the case with Andygator, 8% ABV. Andygator pours out a light to medium gold and has a mild honey and floral nose. It also tastes a lot like it smells, strong honey with floral notes and caramels. The hops keep a low profile at first but build very late on the finish. I actually kind of like the way they creep up on you it's different. This is a nice beer with something interesting to it and well worth giving a look. I don't think this earns a spot in the rotation but I might revisit it again sometime. As I get down to the bottom, I have to say smooth and likable, just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment