Friday, March 18, 2011

The Spring Beer Tourney: # 7 Founder's DT vs Troeg's Nugget Nectar

      Our next match up in the first round is Founders Double Trouble and Troegs Nugget Nectar.  These are hop heavy beers from the Farm, Hops and Reds Region. And founders DT wins with a 9.4 % ABV.  Just kidding. Actually, Troegs Nugget has a 7.5 so I'll give it a chance. DT is a clear light gold with nice herb, honey and caramel on the nose.  Nugget is a very light amber with herb and strong caramel. Wow, both of these beers are nearly identical, with massive amounts of herbal hop up front, in the middle, and gobs of painfully strong herb on the finish. What do I do with this.  They are both equally worthless. I soldier on , but I still can't really get anything out of these, you can't even taste the alcohol. I fear picking one, cause I'll have to drink more of it. You know what, fuck it, screw them both. These guys are locked out, I'm gonna find some scabs to replace them. Bwa, ha, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment