Sunday, October 17, 2010

Heavy Seas Mutiny Fleet: Letter of Marque

      Letter of Marque is part of Heavy Seas strong Mutiny Fleet line of beers.  By strong they mean high alcohol and high flavor.  I loved their Imperial Octoberfest, which was fest on steroids. But, this is a rye porter so let's taste it shall we.  This is a nice dark brown and has a strong hop nose, with mocha, caramel and spice.  Up front their is a massive flood of bitter hop.  Maybe there are some other flavors a bit of cara...wait.  Nope, this hop is totally ruining this beer.  It's so strong it's burning my mouth.  I can't believe anyone would ruin all this alcohol this way. They should be ashamed.  Heavy Seas has really let me down.  Now I'm going to have to choke down this garbage to extract the precious alcohol.  Do not buy this beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment